Tuesday, October 28, 2008

'Tom Von Cruise'

(image credit: Col. Robert Neville Always Dresses For Dinner)

My dear friend Col. Neville doesn't channel Mark Twain and Hunter Thompson. He TRUMPS them.

Wrap your taste buds around THIS:

"Dear sports, I watched the freakish nine-minute clip on YouTube, now on Gawker, of Tom ‘Not Joseph Goebbels’ Cruise, talking about the bog-standard whacko crap of Scientology. ...

"I also dug the ones with Tom wearing the ‘Flavor Flav’ medallion cum Super Thetan Award from a box of Cracker Jacks. Dig Tom’s little ‘Sieg Heil’ to the big wall painting of L. Ron Hubbard, done in the style of early 1970’s backstreets of Manila. Yep, real discerning judgement, subtle sense of style and taste there, Tom. Just like some of ya movies."

*********************************

Hahahahahahaha! And that's just a snippet! I bow. I debase myself. I grovel at the feet of Tom Bombadil with a twist.

Did I mention (more than once) that I have a monster crush on the Commander of Cool?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say what you will, Tom Cruise was in Mission Impossible.

And the discussion concerning both his religion and sexual orientation has been the focus of a South Park episode, if nothing less.

In short - he's entertaining, at least.

Eowyn said...

I know, Walk-Man -- and I find myself in the strange position of admiring Cruise's acting talent immensely, while disliking him personally. (I feel the same way about Edward Norton.)

Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Eowyn said...

Really!!! There's a number of them I feel that way about -- but then, there's an equal number I admire, like Tom Hanks. Ah, well ... I don't have to live with the Cruises and Nortons, thank heavens :)