Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm in Sarah-dise


So, the guys over at Covenant Zone have revealed secret crushes on women named Sarah --

-- the particular Sarah sparking the conversation being this artist (and please, by all means, investigate their issue, and support this Sarah) -- and, me, being me, just had to investigate. Turns out there are some happenin' Sarahs:
(image credit: wonkette.com)

"Sarah Chalke has portrayed countless characters on television and in all kinds of films."

(image credit: g-ec2.images-amazon.com)

A Broadway legend.

And, of course, the Sarah of the Day.

Okay -- FULL DISCLOSURE. I might pass my first name off as Mary, but I'm REALLY named Sarah.

;)

6 comments:

Dag said...

Sarah....

"Sarah Smile."

Baby's hair with a woman's eyes
I can feel you watching in the night.
All alone with me and we're waiting for the sunlight
When I feel cold you warm me.
When I feel I cant go on you come and hold me.
Its you... and me forever.

Sara smile.
Won't you smile a while for me.

If you feel like leaving, you know you can go.
But why don't you stay until tomorrow?
And if you want to be free, all you have to do is say so.

When you feel cold, I'll warm you;
And when you feel you can't go on, Ill come and hold you.
Its you... and me forever

Sara smile
Won't you smile a while for me.

Hall and Oates.

I'm guessing there will be a lot of happy boys 20 years from now who will swoon at the sound of "Sarah." And at Sarah's smile.

truepeers said...

I always knew it! The attraction... Sarahh,

But Mary is my second favorite name,

Abe

E.D. Kain said...

I have a crush on Sarah for sure. My wife is named Sarah, you see, so it goes without saying... ;-)

Eowyn said...

Ah, dag, trust you to make the artistic connection :) --

*smiling* at truepeers -- you happen to be named after two of my favorite all-time human beings, both father and president --

And Erik, your lovely wife is well named, then!

Hmm. Fair play for any of you ladies, out there. Favorite name for a guy?

Dag said...

If I have child, a boy, I'm going to name him-- well, it might sound bit foreign at first hearing but I'm sure it'll grow on folks: Machosarah Nobama Walker.

I'm liking it already.

Eowyn said...

Ha ha!!!