Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Magic in British Columbia


(image credit: Charles Henry)

Charles Henry, of Covenant Zone:

"I took a friend to hike with me in this park last summer; there was so much to look at, every corner would reveal some new wonder... as we approached this vantage point he stopped in his tracks, and exclaimed: 'it's like an Art Gallery up here..!'

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder; sometimes it's beautiful to watch them beholding it."

I would say country like that would be beautiful to any beholder; but it's lovely to enjoy someone else's wonder. It magnifies one's own a thousand times.

To me, this is part of the incredible magic all around us, if we only open our eyes.

Thanks, Charles Henry.

2 comments:

Charles Henry said...

Thanks for the link, Eowyn..!

That's a picture of one of the two lakes that we get our drinking water from, in Vancouver.

Even though it's sandwitched between two mega-tourist sites, virtually no one ever comes to this lake. So it's as peaceful as it is beautiful.

It's also free, which is, I think, why it remains a secret. The other tourist attractions in its neighborhood are always being advertised, so they're more on people's radar screens.

Often I have a hard time getting visitors to go there with me, for that reason. They'll say, "I've never heard of it, so it can't be that special.."

(this is an extention of the rule, "if it's not on television, then it didn't happen"...)

Eowyn said...

That could be a good thing, in the case of this beautiful spot -- if it remains so ignore, it may remain beautiful longer!