Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm waiting for you, Paulson.



Secretary of the Treasury Henry Paulson doesn't like what he calls "(T)he fact that the American taxpayer is bearing the burden (of getting out of the current crisis). (B)ut it is far worse than the alternative."

Just so we get this straight:

"The alternative" is a total economic collapse -- which YOU helped sow the seeds for, when you were CEO of Goldman Sachs, which itself is now facing ruin.

YOU'RE EXPECTING ME -- AS A TAXPAYER -- BASING EVERY SIMPLE ECONOMIC DECISION ON TRUST -- TO BAIL YOUR ASININE DECISIONS OUT, TO PROTECT MY LIVELIHOOD -- WHILE YOU AND YOUR CRONIES COAST ON YOUR GOLDEN PARACHUTES, YOUR QUARTERLY $1M-PLUS BONUSES --

Earth-to-Paulson.

The second my paycheck is gouged to pay for this --

You're @#$$%^^^&#$@#$@#$@$@#$%%^2@

You know what? You LOST my willingness to accept your explanations based on party, or on ideology.

I am now a rogue element. I am now someone who expects REAL RESULTS. In short, your basic conservative. But one who will vote an Obama in a heartbeat if you fall short.

Will I want to? Of course not.

AND BECAUSE I'M REDUCED TO THIS, IS YOUR -- FAULT.

//rant off

*Sigh.*

I'm ready to FIGHT.

Put your freakin' money where your mouth is, brer. Because I'll do what I need to do WITHOUT you.

WHICH IS WHAT YOU!!! WERE SUPPOSED TO STAND FOR ALL ALONG.

//rant off

//for now

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not tell us how you really feel, Mary? hahaha!!!!!

Eowyn said...

Hmmm ...

What I REALLY feel is that Paulson is a great guy, and I'd love to have his kids, LOL ;)

E.D. Kain said...

It's pretty disgusting, this whole mess. I'm sure we need to take action, but it better not be the action Paulson is demanding. I don't want an utter collapse or total credit freeze, but I don't want these rich investors with their fancy sneaky schemes to just walk out of this unscathed, while we bear this huge financial burden. Conservative estimates show this costing us a total of 3 Iraq Wars. More sensible estimates put it at closer to 10.

Eowyn said...

Erik, yep, on top of the strain caused by Hurricanes Katrina, Rita and Ike, along with massive flooding in the Midwest (way under-reported -- that, too, was on a Katrina scale).

I'll tell you something, though -- I received an e-mail forward that has an awesome plan for how to spend the money properly. You've inspired me -- I'll post it.