Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One incredible Afghan


"(I) have passion to my homeland, I love it, I love Afghanistan, I love its people, I love to fight against any troubles with steps and pen, I love to fight for the freedom of speech, for liberation of my country from terror, I love to work for human rights and democracy in my country. I can’t stop whatever I can do to my country, many years being as refugee in other countries and away from it I felt and realized how much important was it. The direction to which Muslims turn in praying, for me is Afghanistan. Wherever I am I turn to Afghanistan to pray."

(From a speech given by blogger Nasim Fekrat of Afghan Lord, on winning a Freedom of Expression Award in Siena, Italy.)

It's heartening to know Nasim is out there fighting the good fight. I only hope he can do something about the blue ghosts sitting at the left of the photo.

Meanwhile, check out more blogger challenges over at The Blog of Walker.

No comments: