Thursday, March 8, 2007

Miss Magatha



This is my Maggie, half of the twain with Dana. Isn't she beautiful?


She doesn't think she is. But then, she's 16. Many people think 16 is when we're our MOST beautiful ... but we're so self-aware at 16, it's hard to step outside ourselves. I, myself, think I got stuck at 16. I like the way things look from that perspective. Fresh, intuitive, emotional, still innocent, but worldly, too ...


If Dana is a Woman-Child, Maggie is a Child-Woman. Her emotions are now smooth-running currents, now tsunamis -- it's her life's task to master them, Scorpio as she is, and at 16, she's doing mighty well. One look into those clear blue eyes, and you know she'll forever be a child, in the very best way.


Learn how to surf, my English Rose -- and heaven will smile on you :o)

***

"You come on like a dream, Peaches and Cream,
Lips like strawberry wine,
You're 16, you're beautiful, and you're mine." (Richard Sherman and Robert Sherman)

No comments: