Monday, June 16, 2008

Associated Press awakens sleeping giant

I have looooooong experience with the (Dis)Associated Press. As a former copy editor, it was my job to choose which AP feeds we'd use on a daily basis. I got sicker and sicker as time went on, with the "choices" I had. It got so bad that nearly every story AP produced, from politics to purse-snatchings, had a BDS spin on it (Bush Derangement Syndrome). But they were the only game in town, so I just had to live with it.

Until now.

AP made a big, BEEEG mistake going after bloggers over use of content. Now, more and more bloggers are banning AP stories from their sites.

Take that, you bloated, overpriced, arrogant bunch of twerps. Oh, and FYI -- I'm banning you too.

(hat tip: instapundit)

UPDATE:

There's a petition bloggers can sign to boycott the AP. Please add your voice!

No comments: